From the Back Cover
New to the Seventh Edition
- A number of new “Materials of Importance” pieces (for most chapters).
- Concept Check questions throughout.
- Revised illustrations, now all in full-color to enhance visualization and convey realism.
- Expanded discussions on material types and general properties of materials (Chapter 1), and crystallographic directions and planes in hexagonal crystals (Chapter 3).
- New discussions on one-component (pressure-temperature) phase diagrams, compacted graphite iron, lost foam casting, fractography of ceramics, and magnetic anisotropy.
- Enhanced discussions on representations of polymer structures and defects in polymers, and a new discussion on permeability in polymers.
- Revised coverage of deformation of semicrystalline polymers and polymerization.
Online Animations and Learning Modules
The book companion site (www.wiley.com/college/callister) features learning modules with animations and 3-D projections that help students visualize challenging concepts and processes. The website also includes an interactive database of materials properties and costs.